Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

Re: [sharechat] tell me I am wrong by macdunk

From: "David & Jill Stevenson" <djstevo@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 14:40:39 +1300

I could not agree more !  Well said. I know these remarks rather belong in some social commentary column but the ball is rolling here for now.
    What marvellous timing to sack staff en masse 6 weeks before Christmas.  All this happening in Provincial NZ. which has been kicked enough in the guts by recent Governments, the Warehouse etc.
    Maybe there are facts we don`t know MacDunk like -

   ( 1 )  Chris Liddell  -   May have refunded that large salary and it is lying in a Trust Account to boost the Company`s payout at Xmas  to all those staff ,whose shoes the rest of us will not be in when official dismissal notices are handed out.

   Digressing or developing on a theme -

   (2)    Selwyn Cushing  - Just perhaps he  too quietly but similarly set up a trust fund  for sacked  Ansett staff by the thousands in Australia  following the Air NZ involvement in events leading to it`s demise. I notice he has been active in the market in  Vertex (was it ) and THL- ultimate gains potentially perhaps going to supplement that philanthropic trust. Do you hear my app-lause ?

     It is amazing MacDunk the generosity or acts of putting things right out there  to which the public just may not be privy.

                                                              David Stevenson

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] tell me I am wrong by macdunk hugh webber