Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] RBD - growth to come

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:37:24 +1300

The title of this thread is in memory of loyal crew member (and part
boat owner) 'Bongo', who has just jumped overboard.  Well almost.  I
think he left a tennis shoe on deck.

Sliding sails (sic), and still no full time captain, since Captain Collier
took to a lifeboat and mutinied.   Even the crew that are left have
Salmon-ella.

As I said before, it doesn't look great and the price would have to look
rather cheap to attract some new part owners to this boat.

Well, guess what?   RBD *is* very cheap.   So cheap in fact that in
terms of yield RBD is the cheapest share on the market.  Cashflow
remains very strong.    Sure, KFC quarterly profitability has been hit,
but it makes little difference to the longer term outlook.  The new man
at the top of the KFC sub-unit is the man that has just built up the
Pizza Hutt business.   He hasn't been given the chance to show what
he can do with KFC yet.

The profit downgrade is $2m.    Let's say that reduces NPAT to $9m in
FY2004.  That is earnings of 9.5c per year, or an earnings yield of 12%
based on a share price of $1.20.    There is no way I could think of
selling a bond like that.   There isn't any 'opportunity cost'  alternative
that is better.

If you want to 'get rich quick' go elsewhere.   But for the 'income
investor' RBD still looks a 'must have' for any income share portfolio,
by my way of thinking.

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Gold Up - Bush Down Lazy Haggis