Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] AIA reply to steve by macdunk

From: "Steve Moxham" <steve@stevemoxham.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:46:31 +1300

To be honest, I would like to see Whenuapai turned into a commercial aerodrome.
For one thing, you could be sure that landing fees, airport taxes and departure taxes would be less than that of AIA, allowing airlines to drop their fares to customers. I think it would be a tremendous waste to turn Whenuapai into something else when you already have a perfectly viable piece of infrastructure.

Some of the new airlines into NZ, such as Virgin Pacific, may wish to use it as their base for incoming and outgoing Tasman flights. I think it would be a good move to keep it as it was intended to be used.

Steve

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZE - what do you think ? tennyson@caverock.net.nz