Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

Re: [sharechat] 42 Below IPO

From: "James Sherbert" <james_sherbert@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:54:42 +0000

Ok, so maybe i was a little harsh on the NZX. It is getting better.

What is dissapointing about this float is how it is being managed. Dont get
me wrong, i like the business concept, there is definitely a place for them
in the spirits market, and they (the founders) will probably do alright out
of it. I also hear from people who have tried it that the vodka is pretty
good (i dont usually go for the posh stuff myself, i'll have a speights,
thanks).  But to go to market now with that balance sheet and $60m ($85m
with the warrants) valuation is just ludicrous.

Dorchester's max liability appears to be about $4m. The $10m nderwrite only
kicks in after 10m shares have been sold (@ 50c) and they are getting a fat
underwriters fee of close to $1m.

I hope the independent directors know what they are getting themselves in
for...

>From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
>To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] 42 Below IPO
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:59:01 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
>
>Hi
>If you look back a couple or 3 years ago on sharechat achives, I was quiet
>vocal about NZSE wild west, and rabbits diving for cover, and mentioning
>that NZSE were just as good if not better investment than advisors telling
>us to invest overseas companies especially the Dow. Time has proven me
>correct.(patting myself on the back. NZSE 2000 wild west ...yes.  NZX 2003
>wild west ......not so sure.
>oop

Download MSN Messenger @  http://messenger.xtramsn.co.nz   - add your
friends!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FA/TA trader 100