Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

[sharechat] on par by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:58:07 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

With all the talk of fa and Ta and the resulting I am right you are wrong argument how can we judge If we are on track.
I have a very simple solution.    It Is like playing golf find, out what par Is for the coarse, and judge what you do against that.
The par for the nz market Is easy to work out for the year.      Take the Increase or decrease In the market and add on the average dividend,and that Is par for the year on that coarse.   Every dollar you make above par, someone must lose one below.
The more successful you are the more someone has to lose.     I am content with my strategies for the moment and riding on 20pc over the last three years which leaves me plenty of room to Improve with my own recipe of ta and fa.
                       cheers  macdunk.