Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

[sharechat] Options

From: fntradingsolutions <fntrade@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:25:59 +1000

I have found Options on the ASX to be rather illiquid. The only profitable way to trade them is daytrade, pick one or two
and buy a put or call on breakouts. I trade Options on the SPI which are very liquid and very profitable. I also trade gold, silver and soybeans on the US markets.
Delta: -  is the value of the option in ( percentages ) to the underlying ( Futures Contract )
Gamma: - is the change in the Delta as the Futures contract moves.
Theta: - is the decline of the Option premium in one day if the Futures does not move
Vega: - reflects the option price to changes in Implied Volatility.

Buy a good book on options ( Louise Bedford - www.tradingsecrets.com.au )
Open an online account ( http://www.sanford.com.au )
Put a couple of grand in and Trade . Most likely the cheapest Options course you will ever do and usually the best.

Regards Woody

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Options Morgy 40