Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2003

Re: [sharechat] Re: WHS - What's happening

From: "Pete Stevens" <pete574@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:38:14 +1200

Hi all,

The thread below prompted me to do some further research into WHS's
fundamentals(mainly to figure out how Snoopy got 14% yield), after which I
decided to purchase WHS shares.  One thing that concerns me though, is the
recent fall in the share price (It's fallen $0.25 since I've been watching
it!).  My question is:

Does anyone know if there is reason behind the recent fall?  Is there some
announcement/article that has escaped my research?

The cynic in me said that it due to insiders selling out prior to a
(possibly) disappointing annual report.

My current strategy is to buy in as soon as the price closes above the
previous day's close (That's my feeble attempt at technically timing my
purchase).
For those who are interested, the fundamental justification for purchasing
WHS is as follows:

The current ratio (i.e. for every $1 of current liability we have $x of
current assets) has been increasing, from 1.63 in Aug '00 to 2.484 in Jan
'03.

Gearing ratio (a measure of how much long term debt the company has) has
been decreasing, from 0.41 in Aug '00 to 0.365 in '03.

The only area of concern is (apart from the one detailed above) is the
return on assets percentage (how much revenue the company generates from
each $1 of asset) - which has fallen from 14.5% in '01 to 13.5% in '02.

Opinions would be appreciated...

Pete.

"Cheap crap is still crap"