Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2003

Re: [sharechat] To open a brokerage account in the USA

From: "Allan Potts" <ajp7079@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:09:05 -0400 (EDT)

David,

If you have US $15,000.00 or more to open an account with and at least 5 yrs
experience in sharetrading I suggest you consider Brownco3.com.

Fast trades, very responsive customer service department, very frequently price
improvement on market orders and in the many years I've been doing business
with them they have never missed a trade.  They charge US $5.00 for a market
order for up to 5,000 shares and $10.00 for a limit order.  If a trade is
partially filled one day and the balance the next or subsequent day they do
charge a commission for each  portion of the order.  You generally only run
into this on a thinly traded share when you have a lower  price trying to buy
with a limit order or trying to sell on a limit order above the market.

Good luck to you.

Allan