Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2003

Re: [sharechat] Warren Buffet

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:37:19 +1200

My preference is Buffettology by Mary Buffett, his ex daughter-in-law, in
 association with David Clark, 1997.
You can't get all the data for a literal minded application to the NZ scene
but with a bit of imagination you can easily apply the principles.

Steer clear of the Buffett ones that just mindlessly quote his endless
aphorisms without looking at his operational techniques. Buffett sayings only.
He doesn't actually write about them himself so it needs someone like
Mary to write it up.
There's quite an industry of coattailers selling stuff labelled Buffett in the
hopes of making a quick buck by name association so you need to be discerning.

And another word of warning: Don't waste time and energy trying to convert
people to Buffett (I tried and mostly failed), just take advantage of 'em on
the sharemarket ;-). There's none so blind as those who don't want to see.
And after a bit of reflection you realise that we actually need an endless
supply of run of the mill suckers and certified financial planners to make money
out of.

cheers,
Hugh

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] warren buffet Tony