Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

[sharechat] kyoto accord and WRI by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:11:12 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I have a problem with the petty stupidity of the tax on farmers re the kyoto accord.    First up how much to collect the tax, against how much will be collected.   Is the government completely stupid, or only slightly.   Lets look at It from macdunks lifestyle block.  Will my pine trees generate enough credits to counteract the grandkids pony farting, or where will my lemon orchard fit in.  The farmers of nz made this a good country to live in, lets keep it a good country and fight stupidity from whichever political party it comes from.    what about humans?.    I of course don't do this sort of thing but know lots of sub human types, that belch and fart continually, and I would suggest that they be forced to pay 10 cents each time, and we could have an honesty box made up for them.    Perhaps that is why wrightson shares are uptrending they are getting in to all this stupidity and I might be the dummy after all not them.
               CHEERS MACDUNK