Re: [sharechat] Hydrogen power by Macdunk

From: "mvanv" <mvanv@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:06:20 +1200

Macdunk wrote

Robin posts about the use of hydrogen power in Iceland of all places.  There isn't any  alternative to hydrogen.   Look at the facts and lets face them. Oil will run out it must be replaced by something or complete chaos and famine will take over.  atomic power to generate electricity but what about the trucks buses and the family car?.  I cant see an eighty ton truck running on a battery even although it might be all right in the family car. It takes more energy to produce hydrogen than it gives back so what.  It takes more energy to produce for a battery power car as well than it gives back.  It is the power soarce on the move that is the problem not stationary power which is easy to produce and a power soarce that is not a pollution hazard.  Hydrogen is a non pollutant it will convert into existing systems with ease.  We can all close our eyes and minds and hope it wont happen but it will and if we dont stop raping the earth with our greed and stupidity it will do likewise to us. Atomic power is a cheap system for stationary power to top up hydro wind and solar and may in the future be a cheap way of extracting the hydrogen from water. To the people that rubbish the Idea tell me what fuel in vast quantities would you suggest we run our eighty ton trucks on?.
                      cheers macdunk

Hi  all
I suggest we keep running our trucks on diesle fuel
Oil is not going to run out, it is going to get much more expensive
Some experts suggest we will reach npeak oil production during this decade
and then oil production will begin to decline, thus sharply rising fuel costs.

IMO rail will gain in popularity over the next ten years as it is a more fuel efficent
way of moving goods.

Mick

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] dairying/Fonterra mvanv