Re: [sharechat] STU by macdunk

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:55:54 +1200

Hi Macdunk,

> Snoopy mentioned steel and tube in a recent post.  Now there is a
> company that is run by guys that stick to there knitting.  Not for
> them to take shareholder funds and invest, or should I say speculate
> in pie in the sky stupidity.

Yes, I think many investors might take heed of how those seemingly
boring companies like Steel & Tube do things.  Focus on what you do
and do it well.  I think there is a lesson in there somewhere.

I wouldn't totally write off Sky TV though ;-)

>The pity is I sold out too quick,
> I presumed the building boom would be over by now.

Did you?   It's always hard to pick an absolute top.  Steel and Tube
have a buyback program in place at the moment.   Given that they
have hardly bought back any of the eight million or so shares they said
they would buy back, perhaps STU management perceive the share is
indeed fully valued?   Frankly I would be surprised if the STU share
price was as high as $3.44   ( is today's closing price an all time high?)
in two to three years time.   Then again I could be wrong.  However, I
don't think I am wrong in saying that buying into STU via majority
shareholder Onesteel (ASX:OST) is a cheaper option than buying STU
directly.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy