Re: [sharechat] Gold

From: "Ben Dutton" <bdutton@ihug.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:04:42 +1000

Nick you old stirrer :)

> Q  Why has everyone kept quiet about Gold lately then?
> A  Good question.

Not so much that people were keeping quiet, more that after the outrageous
predictions of the coming price of gold and the imminent death of the US
economy you and others where making at the beginning of the year, we didn't
want to bring it up again ;)

But seriously, yes gold is rising again following its little wartime drift.
Fantastic - hope all you speculators can make some money off it.  But
whether it's indicative of a long term trend or is just kneejerk reaction
against the falling US dollar, is surely once again going to be a hot (and,
if I can say so, really boring) debate.  Perhaps I can point everyone in the
direction of this levelheaded (a rare quality among goldbugs) article on the
state of the metal by Aaron Task:

http://www.thestreet.com/markets/aarontaskfree/10089309.html

Best Regards

Ben Dutton
(Disc. no position)

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Aussies have no idea Ken Donelan