[sharechat] Southern Capital and Wri by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 13:16:34 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Southern Capital were  almost a buy for me until they mentioned that dreaded word Australia.  It seems unlikely they will now buy hirepool, and are looking over the tasman to the great NZ business graveyard for further expansion.  Owens probably don't know how lucky they are if they don't sell hirepool its there best source of profit.   It is becoming a hard call to find a good honest company with there feet on the ground that will stick to there knitting.   The recipe for disaster is expand to fast.  MHI gave out the blue print on how to do it stick your toe in the waters first before taking the plunge.  WRI one of my past favourites but now starting to throw money into that money drain called research it is my opinion they will never get it back. Snouts in the trough with WRI is a real bad sign for the future especially when times are tough in that sector.
discl nil
                cheers macdunk

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Genesis mvanv