Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

Re: [sharechat] GPG notes

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:49:36 +1200

Hi Hoop,

>> Both GPG shares and GPG  unsecured notes would both be
>>classified as relatively less secure investments in a balanced
>>investment portfolio.
>>

> GPG in my thinking is a growth stock.... and should grow fast ( in
> NZ$value) because  the NZ$ has peaked or will not appreciate much more
> ( crystal ball theory). The depreciation of NZ$ could be slow  however
> ????? but in any case GPG looks a good investment. Sir Ron does not
> believe in dividends because it is an inefficient way of giving
> shareholders rewards. There are other methods that  are better to
> which he is using. Cheers Hoop

Just to clarify my remarks on GPG.  The reason why I said GPG was
risky is that relative to bank fixed interest and property *all* shares and
*all* unsecured notes are risky.     I did not wish to imply any slur on
GPG or its management.

Also the reason that GPG has such a low dividend yield is that
management have determined that this is the most tax efficient way to
build shareholder wealth, as Hoop suggested.

So stick with it Hoop and I am sure you will do well, if the track record
of management is anything to go by.   I'm sorry I don't have GPG
shares myself, but I can't own everything that is good!

SNOOPY

discl: no shares held

--
Message sent by Snoopy