Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

[sharechat]

From: "gooner" <nickk@quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:58:20 +1200

Allan

I have no dispute with freedom, in fact I am fully in favour of liberty and
freedom.  I don't follow Superman's 'the american way' after this however
(or was that truth, justice etc?).

I do, however, loathe the thought of imposed freedom through force.  The
idea of freedom through outside force is oxymoronic IMHO.

You are seeing CNN pictures of 'free' Iraqi's.  I distrust CNN immensely.
They are just a puppet of the US government.  Moreover, there are 5 million
people in Baghdad, yet I saw only about 300 people on the TV.
There cannot be Al Jazeera pictures because the yanks bombed their building.

If you enjoy freedom of the press as much as you enjoy freedom of the people
then you should denigrate that act.

Cheers

Gooner

> > pictures of Iraqi citizens dancing in the streets of Basra and Baghdad.
> > Pictures of Iraqi's giving flowers to and kissing coalition forces as
they
> > enter their cities.

> > Oops, looks as if they (the coalition) were right all along.  Let's be
> > silent, and hope no one will notice.

> > --

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] posting problems Gordon Hossack