Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2003

[sharechat] SKC + Bridge

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 11:24:00 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

Hi Snoopy

But now I am intrigued. They play Bridge at SKC Hamilton?
Tell us more Hoop!

SNOOPY
No they don't.
Duncan is right.
Bridge can be used as a gambling game however.( Rubber Bridge)
The filmstar Omar Sharif ( Bridge Grandmaster) was   rumoured to have played for  1Pound/point back in the 1980's, which meant one could lose 1000 pound per hand if the luck was against you.
I think Omar lost an awful lot of marbles, millions.

Off Topic
Bridge Clubs in NZ play a different type of Bridge called Duplicate Bridge and also Teams Bridge.
NZ is affiliated to the World Bridge Federation and top players do travel the world and represent NZ in world events
Believe this...........Bridge has meet all the qualifications of the IOC and is deemed a sport. There is a lot of opposition but it seems that it might become an Olympic sports event at the Winter Olympics commencing in 2006. NZ has never won a gold medal at the Winter Olympics.   that I am aware of....What's the bet that NZ first gold medal is for Team Bridge.

This post will incense some sports purists, for sure.

cheers
oop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Stock Guru 2003 March results posted tennyson@caverock.net.nz