Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

[sharechat] Reply to MacDunk - re SKC shares

From: "Lazy Haggis" <lazyhaggis@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:47:02 +0000

Good question. In the case of SKC the remaining 20% I hold on behalf of
another party (minors) by means of a family trust. The other trustee(s) do
not wish to sell at the moment, but they may change their minds soon.

In any event, depending upon circumstances, I will progressively buy or sell
into a stock rather than take a full 100% plunge. If I knew for certain what
the future held (which I don't) then the 100% strategy would be perfect. I
base my decisions partly on calculated risk/reward analysis.

For example, the downside risk for SKC is clearly rising in my view for
several reasons which have already been raised in the forum, with varying
agree/disagree opinions. Namely, possible changes in government legislation
for gambling/smoking, and the effect on tourism/locals caused by the Iraq
war and the SARS deadly virus.

These latter two (war and virus) are potentially very serious for many
stocks and people, and at the time of writing, appear to be escalating for
the worse.

Lazy Haggis.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] need the warehouse's share price Frank