Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

Re: [sharechat] GMF

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:34:20 +1200

Hi Learner,

> So what sort of animal do you think BPC will become if it get it hands
> on GMF  it have good cash flow to play with, do you think it will pay
> down debt or buy more companies .

Probably only Graeme Hart and his close circle of command know the
answer to that :-).

I really only have a cursory media knowledge of Burns Philp.   I guess
it will end up as Australasia's leading branded food player.   It will be
heavily indebted if it gets hold of GMF and I suspect that any so called
'free cash flows' will be needed to pay down debt.

It may eventually buy more companies, but I suspect that will be
something that is years rather than months away.   If anyone out there
follows Burns Philp,  I'd be interested in their assessment of the
situation!

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy