[sharechat] THL

From: Jefley Aitken <jefley@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:00:16 +1300

Hello JL
I've held a fistful of this poorly managed stock for years and it owes me
heaps...  But last November the aforementioned crappy management announced
that they were expecting things to be very positive this time round and
that they were looking to 'reward' shareholders with a capital
repayment/special div or something.

Volumes have gone up hugely over the last month, which reflects both
positive forward thinking (the buyers) and ongoing distrust of management
(the sellers).  I reckon there is every chance of a short-term profit if
you buy under 1.20.

If the HY report really delivers, there could be ~40c special div, in which
case a very good profit...
Check out the company announcements since last Nov as well as archived
posts on this forum.  I understand that there are a couple of new board
members this year, which may mean that not all the rubbishing of management
is currently valid, but it sure has a strong record of disappointing.
Good luck with your decision, Jefley.