[sharechat] Dimensional Fund Managers

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:00:15 +0000

Travis has mentioned the somewhat 'unconventional' fund managers
Dimensional on ths forum.   Unconventional in that they aim to
simply buy cheap assets and make money as those asset values
rebound, and unconventional in the sense that backtesting has shown
that this is one of the few ways to consistantly outperform the
market.

I believe they are a US based outfit, although they do seem to have
funds that cover a wide variety of world markets.  I know of at least
one agent in Australia, but does anyone deal with these funds in New
Zealand?

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"Sometimes to see the wood from the trees,
you have to cut down all the trees."