[sharechat] CHARTS BY MACDUNK

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 09:28:05 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Charting programs are great for looking up the past but are only a very small part of predicting the future, thats where common sense takes over.   Example, wri shares had to be at there peak in sept, rising dollar farm incomes falling, there customer base hit hard great company but profits have to wilt.  Mr Market is a lunatic to predict his next move cant be done with charts alone, he will take you to the top of the cliff with buy signals and dump you.   The base average investor can expect market level plus divs pa.  Since the market hasnt moved in three years divs is what they have earned.  The smart people are way out in front of that, and I dont mean the financial advisors and self proclaimed experts who I consider dumboes.  They try to complicate the simple things so that ordinary mum and dad investors think its all to complicated and leave there money to rot in the bank. To the chartists I say {never mind the crap tell us what will happen tomorrow} or cut out how clever you are.  The only charts I use I find on herald web site.  Try and corner a chartist with a prediction or two and you will see where they come from.  Common sense is all it takes, and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to have a touch of that.  To the chartists I say{ tell us what cards you are holding, and why you bought}, and when, we dont want to know how many that is personal.  I tried to call there bluff before, and I expect this time it will be the same, but I am big enough to take the flak and I dont mind if you prove me wrong.

                                                             CHEERS    MACDUNK

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: CSL Chart Travis Morien