Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2003

Re: [sharechat] Capital Notes

From: "Pat Fields" <pat_fields@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:06:00 -0500

>Do Local Bodies still issue something similar?

Yes, they still issue debt notes, and current yields are quite comparable to
those of Government stock.  Check the fixed interest link at
www.asbsecurities.co.nz  (you don't need to have and account with them to
view it)   They have a rate card that includes the likes of Auckland City
Council.

By the way, every time I heard about the local body notes, it reminds me of
the New York City Council some 20 years ago when they defaulted!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] PSA up over 32% Harold Skinner