Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2003

Re: [sharechat] What's your favourite Australian share?

From: prhughes@value.net.nz
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:34:04 +1300

        Snoopy

A good plan may be to open an A$ call account through Access
Brokers, I think the minimum initial amount is $2000, no fees and
about 3% interest payable.
That way you could take your time in finding a stock that suits.

US Dollar
For what it is worth this is a rough outline of what I have gleaned on
the net. The US Fed  have gone on record as saying they will do
whatever it costs to avoid or turn back deflation
Hence the fall in the US dollar, the printing machine has been
busy. The US is a debtor nation and some of their overseas lenders
have been withdrawing their funds.
Which means that other currencies have been rising , which is of
great concern to the Asian nations, and may well result in other
countries doing the same.
Result is that GOLD has become very popular.
If all the above is so, where it will end I don't know! I could
speculate about it but prefer not to.

Regards

Bill