Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2002

[sharechat] Telecom v Telstra

From: prhughes@value.net.nz
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:53:07 +1300

        Snoopy

        Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I could be well out of
order here, but it amazes me that the same elite are still in charge
of Telecom, they haven't done very well have they.
        If our largest company is in this situation it doesn't look so
great for many of the other companies.
        There are a few good ones there I am sure. Methinks Phaedrus
is spot on, just follow the market and buy and sell when the chart
indicates so.
        I do not hold any Telecom shares.
        On another tack now. When at the Barber yesterday a fellah
was reading the Herald business section and remarked that many
of the Funds were reporting negative gains. I don't know how the
Fund Managers operate but for professionals they surely should be
doing better. I read that Tower is our largest fund manager and
seeing that they seem to have difficulty in managing their own
affairs, it wouldn't give you much confidence in their ability to
handle my few dollars safely. They get paid their fees whether they
win or loose? Sounds iffy to me!

        In USA it seems they have a help line for people wanting to
know how to prepare and cook a turkey. To me some of the
questions asked seem hilarious:
        How do you thaw a fresh turkey? another one " How do you
prepare a turkey for a vegetarian dinner" Surely no one could be
that .....!   Might be a pun.

 Regards

 Bill

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: