Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2002

[sharechat] Share Guru Competition

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:28:08 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

162 out of 399 Stock Guru Competitors and 3 Brokers out of 9 Brokers are in the black on a level Bear Market.

I would think if I closed my eyes and stuck a pin in I could outpick the Brokers.   I would like some feed back from them if they are game.   I can't understand why they perform so badly, even the top Broker has 2 red and 3 black.   I consider myself a complete novice with a good practical mind who manages to gain over 20% per annum, starting about three years ago.   Most of the competitors I expect are like myself, feeling their way with the expectation that the Professionals should know more than they do.   Most of the guff I read about investing is 90% B.S.

Am I alone in this, or are there others out there who think the way I do?

MACDUNK