Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

[sharechat] PRICE OR QUALITY?

From: "B.Bourke" <bbourke@world-net.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:59:38 +1200

I've always felt that - for public companies anyway - that the selection and payment of auditors should be settled at the annual meeting.
Currently we just get that stupid vote on the papers "That the directors set the payment for the auditors"  (to which I always vote NO)

The auditors are really working for the shareholders, so the directors should tasked with  finding the best two or three offers from auditors who are interested, then they should be told to turn up at the shreholders meeting to 'strut thier stuff' and then the shareholders would vote.

Its obvious that directors have shown - in many cases - that they are incapable of making sensible decisions.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] A NEW VALUATION OF AIA SHARES. G Stolwyk