Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

Re: [sharechat] RE AIA Conversion

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:09:04 +1300

John,
These are variable:
From table:

4.00/4.85: Adj: 1.2125 ( Post number is 1.2125 *Prepost number).

4.45/5.48: 1.2315

5.00/6.24:1.2480

So, between these 2 outer extremities, there is a 2.928% difference based on the lowest number.
------------------------------------
* * * When the actual event occurred, we had this:
4.165/5.08 or 1.2196=1.22  and the difference between this and the highest value was 2.295%

As you can see, the higher the values are the greater the percentages differences  compared with the initial value and latest value.

That could be a problem later on.
I don't have time to try a log. or regression: the differences are not that great over the first span to say 5.00-6.24.

You can also split the difference by say taking a mean value of $4.50/5.55 or 1.2333.

To get to $500/$6.24, it will rise by 1.192%.

It will take quite some time to get there If you do so, then the true conversion at the Reconstruction will change from 1.2125 to 1.2333, a rise of 1.715%.

You need to decide what is tolerable, OK?

Can't help you any further. Please check all relevant numbers you use. (I haven't checked these conversions-lack of time).

Please tell me if this is useful to you.

Regards,

Gerry
Data subject to confirmation.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Historical Data Holden Glova