Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

[sharechat] re a stocktake on STU

From: "kentfamily" <kentfamily@actrix.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:42:23 +1300

Snoopy wrote
Reference was made in the buyback announcement to an acquisition that
they wanted to make that was no longer available to the group.  You
obviously follow Steel and Tube Gregory, so any idea what that was?

I don't think it was stated but may have been Fletcher steel.

I attended the annual meeting last year and despite putting up a motion to reduce directors retiring allowances found it easy to mix and mingle with the directors after the meeting.  I was generally impressed during conversations with the directors.  The current president or whatever of the institute of directors was in fact a director of STU and he felt retiring allowances would give way to higher directors fees over time.

Gregory

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] AIA--- Auckland Airport--- Share price pre/post Reconstruction. G Stolwyk