Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

[sharechat] Dollar cost averaging

From: "winner69 ." <wwinner69@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:33:51 +0000

Another yahoo finace quiz with an interesting answer

Q. On October 31, 1929, Jim starts dollar-cost-averaging $100 per month into
the Dow. The Dow performs poorly, and by the end of 1939, has fallen 46%.
What is Jim's return? 5% 0% -11% -46%

Go to http://finance.yahoo.com  to find the answer (the quiz is on the left
hand side of the page if you scroll down a bit)

Clue - our old friend, mentor and champion of dollar cost averaging Mary
Holm would get the correct answer.

Where is mary these days?