Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

Re: [sharechat] GPG FFS RUB CAH

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:26:17 +1300

This development with Citic is not new. The public were informed (cryptically) that there were not 3 or more bids for CNIFP, so it was Citic and GPG Forests I guess.

Analysts tell us that CItic has the money , GPGF has to find a (large) partner to help fund it's deal to go thru. Who is this/these unknown partner(so)???

My sub-plot theories have been blown out of the water, and I am at a complete loss now as to why GPG is envolved. If GPG want's to be a menace in these negotiations why would it spend its money without a sound plan as Gibbs tell us so, therefore it  must be an overall  evolving objective they are after.

Interesting that GPG has extended its offer for partial t/o of RBC until the 29 Nov 2002 .

Interesting as well are the trade figures announced showing a rapid increase of forestry products being exported from NZ.  China becoming a major buyer. What we were not told is how much we are selling our wood for.
Interesting times
Hoop