Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2002

[sharechat] My experience with TA

From: Jefley Aitken <jefley@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:23:19 +1200

Nick,
thank you very much for your thoughtful contribution.  It has provoked some
wonderful responses -- hats off to you all.

i've been using charts for timing for about a year, and the last two weeks
are the healthiest my portfolio's looked for more than three years.

my biggest problem is the tendency to sell on dips and miss out on the
continuation of the fundamental growth (snoopy, i remember your words of
warning and wisdom), but i've also sold just ahead of some bad drops.
overall, it's working well as long as i don't forget why i originally
bought a particular share.

phaedrus, your posts prompted my interest in charts and then gave me
confidence when i came to similar conclusions.  Long may you contribute!
 ditto nick ratkin, let's know how the new approach pans out.
regards, jefley.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] My experience with TA nick