Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2002

Re: [sharechat] Incrediblecharts registration hangs

From: "Kiwi" <Kiwi@Pitstock.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:49:37 -0400

Tony, In my opinion most technical indicators are worthless as they dont
adapt to the speed of the market. The only indicator I see that has value is
the "trend line". I have backtested many standard indicators e.g. moving
averages, MACD, stochastics, on balance volume and more. They do work while
they are in phase with the speed of the market but this is only temporary.
Trend lines have NO preset period hence they will adapt as the market speeds
up and down. You may notice that Phaedrus (someone I pay attention to here)
for example posts charts with trend lines on them.

Trend lines make "Chart Patterns". Chart partterns are the most reliable
form of technical analysis in my opinion. What I am really saying is that
all you need is a basic chart program that lets you draw trend lines and a
good understanding of chart patterns which include channels, flags,
triangles etc.

My 2 cents for what its worth.
Keith

Oh yeah, some google searches on these.....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=stock+chart+patter
n&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=triangle+stock+cha
rt+pattern&btnG=Google+Search