Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

Re: Re: [sharechat] WHere have all the fullas gone....

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:48:00 +1200

I have been saying this for the last two months......P/E is the key....until the P/E is down around 10 maybe as low as 4 ( if the average for the last 50yrs is P/E 8). Mathematically  P/E has to drop below 8 to keep the average.  P/E has been as high as 40 ...so a P/E of less than 8 has to be be a reality...............whether this happens all at once or stretched out over a period of years ...who knows..
Good news ...........US companies on the whole seem to be coming in with good profits results....helps the P/E..
USA growth is always been excellent  due to good government ( wish NZ govt would take notice). So it should not take too long for the market to  correct .....say another 2 to 3 years..
Hoop