Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

Re: [sharechat] WHere have all the fullas gone....

From: "Morgy" <morgy40@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:14:02 +1200

John

Your comments re the other channel are very interesting and I must say in my
humble opinion quite on the button. The thing that I have found surfing the
other channels is that there tends to be a lot of touting of stocks on some
forums, in fact ad infinitum for some stocks, on and on and on. This however
is a matter of choice and if you dont like it leave that particular forum,
though I have to confess when you look at the PTD & such like forums on
ozestock & sharetrader it is more like "Days of our lives" than an
investment forum, its hard not to tune in to see whos threatening who with
law suits, some of the characters have found there 15 minutes of fame and
some.

On sharechat you see less promoting of individual stocks and as Ben sumed up
well in his post today ,there is more posts on investing techniques
including techinical and fundamental analysis knowhow.

I have to be honest & say that I find the people that call themselves
fundamental Investors tend to live in the future, what a share could be
worth and the TA folks live in reality, what the share is worth today. It
doesnt really make for compatible conversation in my opinion. However I'm
sure that if enough people make enough posts some of this will create some
interest, lets hear about your penny dreadfuls.

What about Eric Watson always trying to pinch PRG off the minority
shareholders for next to nothing , anyone got an opinion about this.

Regards

Morgy