[sharechat] Iguana2 & disks

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:08:13 +1200

Phew Adam seems like you are having an exciting week.

Some disk file systems become very grumpy when confronted with unexpected
events.

I myself have had to to twiddle my thumbs this week waiting for a disk to get
fsck'ed*.

I understand journaled disk file systems handle these events with more grace.

An acquaintance has recommended that equipment supplier claims of graceful
fault failover should be tested by the time honored 'pull the computer power
cord from the socket' method.

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn

Systems Administration as easy as !$GLOBAL(3.33153153156).

 *fsck - check and repair a Linux file system

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Daily ShareChat News Summary The ShareChat Team