Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

Re: [sharechat] contributory mortgage

From: nickk@quicksilver.net.nz
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:01:35 GMT

Harry

Contributory mortgages work like this:

Rich people have lots of money.  They pool it together to form a big amount
(say $500,000.00).

Someone wants to buy a property.  They go to rich people and say 'give us
$500,000.00 so I can buy my property'

Rich people do and charge interest to the borrower as any bank would.

Borrower pays back loan just like it was a bank loan.  Rich people have
mortgage over property should loan not get repaid.

Cheers

Nk