Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

Re: [sharechat] Frucor

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:45:51 +1200

Dead right Dave. How many times have we seen an NZ company develop a promising
niche
only to sell out for quick easy low bucks and then see the overseas buyer make
a huge killing.
I started thinking about the company who invented plastic eartags then sold out
to the French
can't think of their name now but I guess it goes way further back than that.
The overseas buyers are laughing all the way to the bank after tossing a few
pennies to
the grovelling peasants in NZ.
Then you look at some of the overseas chains who do really easy things like
hiring out
cars, running hotels & & in NZ. I guess we'll be paying some overseas chain to
do up our
shoelaces for us eventually.
P.S. I'll be boycotting the Rugby World Cup in Australia too. :-)