Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2002

Re: [sharechat] CHARTING AND PHAEDRUS

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:17:58 +0000

Hi Nick,

>Partly in response to Snoopy.......you could have held AIRNZ for
>income from 3 yrs back.........look where you'd be now with them @
>32c
>
>you could have held FFS for income when they were $2.20 a few years
>back.........now @ 25c......
>
>Brierley paid a god divvy when they were $6....now @ 51c...
>
>Buy and hold has its drawbacks.

Yes.  But what you have shown is that when you buy something to 'buy
and hold', you have to be careful what you buy, and at what price
you buy it at.  Just like not all shares are suitable for trading,
not all shares are suitable for 'buy and hold'.  And not all high
yield shares (as reported in the paper which means yesterday's
earnings divided by today's share price) are suitable as income
shares either. SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."