RE: [sharechat] RE TWR

From: "Craig Hoskin" <craig@infobahnz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:47:55 +1300

Title: RE: [sharechat] RE TWR
Average down on the position. Averaging down by purchasing more shares at the current lower price is usually the first thing an undisciplined trader will do in an attempt to lower the breakeven on the position. For instance, buying 100 shares of Yahoo at 100, and later buying 100 shares of Yahoo at 50, would adjust the basis of the trade to 75. The problem here is that the risks of averaging down increase as you add to the position. This is true of options traders too, who average down on calls as the price drops. Averaging down only works on a falling stock as long as your bankroll can support it. Most people don't have that kind of luxury.

Why do we buy stocks?  For them to go up.
When do we exit stocks?  When they go down.

Why then, would it make sense, to buy into something whose price is going down?

Where is the bottom of the price movement?  Zero?  You can be a heck of a lot of something at .001 c?