Re: [sharechat] BPC

From: "second LIFE" <secondstep70@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:15:13 +0000

Phaedrus,

I agree with Andrew's and your analysis of the stock, but I find your
analysis of market depth interesting. Is it a topic discussed by Tech
Analyst's? I note the actual value of the depth is quite small compared to
the volume. Does this make the data irrelevant?

Is there any corellation between market depth and bull/bear behavior? I
think there probably is, but I haven't really found any significant
publications done on it. I've also done some of my own research, but by it
doesn't seem to mean to much when analysed by itself (especially on big
stocks). Maybe volume/trend analsysis needs to be added to the formula.

Also, getting historical end of day depth data seems to be unavailable. Does
anybody know where you can get this? I'm also interested in getting VWAP and
number of trades historical data for ASX.

Disc: hold no BPC