Re: [sharechat] geographical location confirmed

From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:17:16 +1300

Just to save everyone lots of work I have only ever posted under my own name,
Hugh Webber,
anywhere, and the only place you'll find it is in Sharechat and on some
genealogical fora. I did do
a search on Google (recommended for everyone to avoid confusion) and there are
3 other Hugh
Webbers, 2 in the US - one's an environmental buff and the other a maths
lecturer at Sierra
University, and one in the UK who's a research scientist and there's 3 others
now dead. So happy
hunting!

Not sure why my location is an issue (I haven't read all the posts yet - just
the ones that grabbed
me) but I've lived substantial parts of my life in Wellington, Auckland (15
years) and Christchurch
(9 years so far) so I plead not guilty to geographical bias. Must say though
that Christchurch is
easily the best so far....

Now to get back to what this forum is really about there has been some real
news lately - the
Warehouse result. I'll read it today but can't say I've seen any posts
discussing yet (apologies if
there have been) - have they pulled out of their Australian tailspin? Are they
progressing in
moving their Australian outlets onto the same basis as NZ i.e. larger and
better located? what new
ones are they opening? And all sorts of other exciting questions.
I rather suspect that anyone investing in the Warehouse 10 years ago would have
done rather better
than buying the equivalent dollar amount of gold shares....or charting tools.
Tee hee.

Happy Waitangi Day....isn't it gross to now see Helen Clark a prisoner of
Titewhai Harawira being
escorted around by her. Still, I suppose it follows on from being a prisoner of
the Australian
unions last year and Jenny Shipley earlier being a Titewhai prisoner. Titewhai
rewarded for
violence, crime and grossly insulting behaviour and she's not even a Maori
elder, just a mad
activist. When will New Zealand Prime Ministers cease grovelling and go for
some self respect.

cheers,
Hugh

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Gold up 8 dollars!! hugh webber