Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] Gold

From: "Chris Castle" <c.castle@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:11:51 +1300

Sorry about that chief - the cat walked on the send key.............

Try Oxiana (OXR) if you want some excitement - Aussie listed but based in Laos. The investment fundamentals are compelling but you need to have a fair degree of risk tolerance. There's a huge amount of information about them on their web page and on the Aussie chat pages. They've already moved from 12 cents to over 30 in the last month but it's a good story still.

Generally, investing in Aussie gold shares is a huge field and I'd advise that you spend quite a lot of time getting a feel for comparative values before investing. In particular there is a big difference between miners and mineral exploration companies and those in between.