Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2002

Re: [sharechat] any bored chartists?

From: "andrew cottingham" <arco@adinfinitum.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:51:43 +1300

Gentlemen.
I AM A CHARTIST, and I have been trading shares successfully on the UK, US
and AUS markets since 1985. Quite frankly I cannot understand why
fundamentalists insist on slagging technical analysists.We both use
different systems to hopefully achieve the same result - a profit. Why knock
it - there is always more than one way to skin a cat.
I do not want to get involved in a long debate on who's right and who's
wrong, because no one is....We both have our own way of deciding which
shares to buy. If we are both happy with how we achieve the end result,
thats all that matters. I am happy for others to use the fundamentalist
route, as I have myself in the past,  however personally I have had far more
success with TA.
Incidentally, on my chart, STU is looking increasingly like a buy, and I
have attached a WORD Doc it so that you can see the indicators. As usual -
always place a stop (around $2.35). Nothing in share trading is ever
guaranteed - even fundamentalism.
Andrew Cottingham
PS. STU is hard to chart because of low volume. Charting low volume stocks
is not easy, which is the main reason I rarely trade the NZ market.
Disc - don't own STU.