Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Picks for 2002

From: "michael gore" <michgore@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 02:14:11 +1300

Hi Ruth,
Where did Gareth Morgan publish this comment?
My reasons for liking FFS:
-trading way below asset backing
-resolution of CITIC dispute, if it ever happens, should have positive effect
-Aussie building industry picking up a little
-currently it seems to me at or near to bottom of cycle
-as Snoopy points out, they claim to be profitable
-lots of shareholders have entry price way above current levels and may be reluctant sellers, especially if the shareprice showed some signs of recovery
-they just might recover some of the debt on the North Island forest
-I'm just plain feeling contrarian
Michael
(holding FFS, entry 35c)