Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] Picks for 2002

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:58:32 +0000

Hi capitalist,

> Things are a bit quiet here, so to steal a thread from sharetrader,
> what are your picks for 2002? Mine being Telecom and Air NZ.

Based on what?  The fact that what goes down must go up?

I was just thinking 2002 was facing up to being the hardest year to
pick that I can remember, with the single exception of Air NZ which I
will be astonsihed if the price doesn't dive 50% at least.
Traditionally it has traded at 23-30% below its asset backing, which
I guess now is around 24c.  And with the red ink continuing to flow I
can't see it above 15c by the end of next year.

For my wild cards, I'll pick a couple of second liners.  Hellaby
and Nuplex.  Why?   I don't follow these companies and don't know
much about them, *except* they they have both cleared the initial
screenign criteria of the Focus Investing Group- part of an elite
group of only a dozen or so companies to do so.

What are the others?  Ah, you'll have to go to the Focus Investing
Message board to find that out..... SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."