Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

Re: [sharechat] GPG

From: "andrew cottingham" <arco@adinfinitum.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 11:18:51 +1300

Good Morning Nick
Thanks for your input on the GPG chart. Certainly I am prepared to accept
there could be some validity to your point because gaps can always cause
resistance. However I discounted that particular one because I believed it
was caused by the WTC event, which I consider outside the purely
technical.(Panic selling, not normal movement). The black candle close of
the 10th Sept is also resting on an intermediate support line from June
2001. ($1.63) and I agree that may create some additional resistance.
Do you not consider Fridays candle closed* the gap?
Andrew
*A gap is closed when a subsequent price trend comes back and retraces the
range of the gap - Edwards/Magee - TA of Stock Trends.