Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] TEL

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:43:24 -0800 (PST)

The TEL chart is at a very interesting point - this will be a crucial week for
the stock.
 If the current medium-term uptrend continues, price action will move above the
long-term down trendline for the first time in about twenty months, giving a
very bullish picture.
 If prices fall this week, the confirmed medium-term trendline will be broken,
and the tentative long-term trendline will be confirmed. This would put TEL
back into short, medium and long-term downtrends, with strong bearish
implications.
 I bought on 29/10/01 at $4.61 on the basis of the trendline break, and will be
looking to hold if prices move above the long-term trendline, or sell if prices
move below the medium-term trendline. This could lead to an interesting
situation, in that if prices crab sideways, both of these conditions will be
met. I do not consider this to be very likely - you can see from the chart that
TEL is usually going up or down, and rarely if ever moves laterally. If this
does happen, I will delay any Hold/Sell decision until the situation is
resolved one way or the other.
                Phaedrus