Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2001

[sharechat] TEL Chart

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:34:22 -0800 (PST)

Ross,
     TEL is in a long-term downtrend. It is close to breaking this trendline,
but is a long way off a new long-term uptrend. Long-term is boring - don't
worry too much about that. Look at the medium term.
 The six month medium-term downtrend (May - Oct) has ended, and TEL is now in a
medium-term uptrend. You have already noticed the trend channel.
 I'm not too clear what you mean when you ask "Is the previous downward noise
of August too close for comfort, ie: is it far enough away to be discounted,
thereby confirming this up trend into a major one?" I don't see anything
special about August, it was just part of the medium-term down-trend, and is
history now.
 Many people find this hard to accept, but what you paid for TEL is totally
irrelevant. Given the timeframe in which you choose to operate, this stock is
either worth holding or it is not. The market neither knows nor cares what you
paid. If a stock becomes a clear "Sell", whether you are making a profit or a
loss is of no importance whatsoever. You should sell regardless.
 Now, looking at the chart, reassure me that you are not thinking of selling
just as soon as you can break-even on this trade. TEL is looking good right now
- forget what you paid and ride the trend for as long as it lasts.
     Regards,
              Phaedrus.