Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2001

Re: [sharechat] Technical Analysis Agenda

From: "Mike" <terra1@Ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:02:24 +1300

Boy Oh Boy what have I started, just too clear a few things up I have been
trading for the last three odd years and it has cost me approximately $3000
to $4000 using just hearsay and whatever other information I could get to
make any investments.  I have come to the conclusion that this approach does
not have the tendency to bring you out on the winning side of things, unless
you are very fortunate or extremely good at gathering information (I am
neither).  It seems obvious to me that I'm in need for more reliable
technique, and charting does seem to be a tool that helps making those
important decisions a little easier to make.  Also I like to teach myself
programmes etc, but I do think that having someone point out to me what I am
doing wrong or maybe even right will just give me a stepping stone towards
using this software the way it was intended to be used.  I do find it funny
that no person that has had actual training has replied(if they did I missed
it), maybe that is because they no longer find it necessary to read what
other people have to say or maybe they are broke. Either way I intend on
getting a bit of tuition and doing a lot of reading (before I make any more
buys), but I may sell so that I can get rid of some of my poor judgement
investments. All of your comments had there merits, some more than others
but I took it all in and some of them straight back out again.
So I'm getting the tuition to help point me in the correct direction, and
I'll have the ham as well thanks (you keep the eggs).

Thanks for your input
Mike.